Where sports meets passion

INDI-BLOGGER

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

GAALEEE GALOCH!!!!!

I always wanted to write a blog in which I would discuss something that is young, famous,well known. People recognize it, enjoy it, use it when they are happy, sad, angry, down ….almost anytime because it offers so much flexibility. Yes hum “Gaalee Galoch “ki baat kar rahe hain.
I had the opportunity or say chance of living life with and without slangs. When was in my teens and maybe early teens I thought these people who use slangs “Shee baba how can they ever talk like that”,”Unki mummy Marti nahin hai kya”. Well I have lived such a Loser’s life and then came this transition when “Pappu Bada hoi gawa” and I flaunted my “Gaali Galoch “skills. Yes you achieve that “Hero “like status when you start using your first “Gaalis” and you really feel that adreneline which makes you brave and rather uncontrollable at times.
Well I have this lucky incident to share with you guys. I had returned from school and it was a bad day at school for me and my friend as we both got punished, scolded, embarassed and all the usual stuff these teachers do to naughty children . I had my lunch and I got a call from the same friend “my partner in crime “and we started bad mouthing some of our lectures in every possible way,we usually did that just to remove that frustration and feel that relief, but to my apathy my father had picked the other phone and quietly listened to our conversation and I am sure that would have shocked him as we were having a decent enough collection … hehe . Our frustration was taken out and I was feeling good now and when I came outside my room I found my dad shocked and he was giving me this really scary stare.
I got it from the look that he was aware of my vocal talents and was also ready for a great bashing.Dad came near me and told in the softest possible manner “Beta aise baatein nahin karte” and told me to chill. I said “Jarooor “and ran out of the house to avoid further torture.
The fact is that we learn it late and when we learn it we hardly forget it and guess what we really mean it when we say it. Slangs have always been this cool thing and was always meant for the usually “Streetsmart” ladke and those who think have done a boon to humanity by coming to earth...”The Attitude Types”.
People make their style statements; create their signatures by using slangs. I have a friend who still finds it difficult to complete a sentence without using a “Maa...ki or Behen...ki”. There are many others too who cant start it off without using a slang as in lets say if there is a group of people sitting and nobody is coming up with anything nice or cool, here we go take anything that irritates you and start serving it with your choiciest adjectives and suddenly you will see the mood‘s improved. That’s the power of slang.
Actually Slang has this power to connect youth and bolster communication for the young generation.things which looked long and boring now can be cut short in a few characters and that’s cool.



When we take the whole picturee of Slang, we find that irrespective of the language , irrespective of the caste, creed,religion,sex…etc we are united by slang . It also crosses the barrier of language and translation as one can easily identify a person if he is abusing or bad mouthing somebody merely by his tone and also if we were to meet some person who knows a language which we don’t…We boys usually would like to learn its slangs first, try it out on our friends and have super fun..Well we all do it.
It is my personal experience that if you learn the slangs of a language first then you actually end up learning the language faster and better because there is always this urge to know more and more slangs.
The only reason I watched “Omkaara “was that it was full on slang wars there… hehe

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have been any truer man.

    In this world full of cynicism, hatred, struggle there are very few things which we can see as our own and take pleasure in the fact. One of them is usage of slangs.

    Though righteous assholes will debate on the ethics of using it as seen fit, I dont think we shall give a damn about that.

    In short, Ma ki C&*(! Ye duniya bhaad me jaye...hum to apna chalayenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!awesome post.for some reason i(read partner in crime) can connect with this post.truer words were never spoken!!!!

    ReplyDelete